Monday, April 7, 2014

God's Not Dead!

Hey, it's Logan again.  What have I been up to other than work and school and more work?  In between some of this, I was able to take my younger brother to the movies.  Today I want to tell you guys about this movie I recently saw. God's Not Dead!  I have to say that I did not expect it to be as good as it was.  It was so awesome that I actually saw it twice!  It is definitely a movie YOU should go see.  It was only playing at select theaters for a bit.  After realizing how much of a success the movie was, most other theaters were opening up a spot so that they could play the movie. 

The movie is about a college freshman who is a devout Christian that takes a required philosophy class with the teacher being an Atheist.  Most of you can easily predict what happens next. The teacher would say something about God not being real, the student says that he is, and the two battle it out with countless arguments. The student eventually loses his faith because the professor just knows way too much about how the world works, and counters every single argument the student gives. Wrong! Actually, that is not what happens.  Instead, the professor starts out the class by naming many of the famous philosophers, and then reveals to the class how all of them were atheists.  Right after saying that, he tells that class that God is dead.  Not that God died, but that he never existed.  The professor then hands out a sheet of paper to all of the students(approximately 80) and tells them that he wants his class to come to the unanimous vote that God is dead.  All they had to do was write this on their paper, sign the form, and turn it in to him for a grade.  The college freshman, Josh Weaton, does not feel comfortable doing this.  He just could not write down something that he did not believe.  When the professor got to him, he asked him why Mr. Weaton would not sign the paper.  Josh states that he could not write down something he does not believe.  The professor decided to let Mr. Weaton prove to the entire class that God is NOT Dead.  He was given a brief amount of time at the end of the lecture for 3 weeks to prove his beliefs.  Josh was not too certain on how to go about this, but after speaking with Reverand Dave at the local church, he decided to take up the challenege of defending his faith and proving that God is NOT Dead. 

Hmm, I am sure you are all wanting to know what happens next.  Well that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope y'all enjoyed my post for today. 

Also, for those of you that wish to donate money to help me with paying for DTS(Discipleship Training School) and my future mission trips, look into some of my previous posts.  I have posted information there on how to help me financially.  For those that can not help me out financially, PRAY for me.  It is just as much appreciated as giving financially to my cause.  A friend of my mothers is hosting a Scentsy fundraiser online.  She is donating any of the proceeds to sponsor my trip.  Check her website out: http://cpgibson.scentsy.us  At the top of the sceen, it shows open parties.  Click on the party for Diane Meyer, and place your order.  It is that easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment