Thursday, April 10, 2014

God's Not Dead Pt 2

So on my last post I talked about the movie God's Not Dead.  I went into the very beginning of the movie and left y'all hanging with the student taking up the challenge to defend his faith.  So what happened next?  Well before I do that, I just want to introduce some other characters into the storyline so that you may understand the movie a little bit more.  One of the other characters is Amy Ryan.  She is a well-known blog writer who seeks to find the truth behind God.  We first see her in action when she wakes up after realizing she slept in.  She finds her car broken into, and her GPS was stolen.  With a huge interview planned, she needed to have directions to where she was going.  Shen then reverts to asking her rich boyfriend, Mark, for directions.  We'll get more from Mark later.  Amy is then at the church that Willie Robertson and his wife attend.  She interviews them by asking them many questions about their beliefs.  Willie Robertson quotes scripture saying "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my father in heaven.  But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my father in heaven." Matthew 10:32,33.  The couple then invited Amy to church with them, but she denied the offer since she does not believe in God.  Amy is then seen in a doctors office.  She was told she has cancer and that it has already grown too much.  She meets her wealthy boyfriend for dinner and tells him the bad news.  Mark breaks up with her since he can not handle her having cancer.  Now to tell you a little bit about Mark.  He's rich, successful, and his life is perfect.  He's got everything he could ever want, and yet he is not a Christian.  Next, I want to tell you about about Mark's mother.  She is a very old woman.  She has not done a single thing wrong.  She's super nice.  She's is a Christian.  Yet she had dementia.  We'll get back to that later.  Hmm, now to tell you about Ayisha.  She lives in a muslim home, but she is a Christian.  When around her family she acts Muslim, but when she is on her own she acts like a Christian.  One day her father finds out about her being a Christian and he kicks her out of the house.  She heads to the local church and talks to the two ministers there, Reverend Dave and Reverend Jude.  They tell her that everything is going to be okay.  She believes that God will help her. 

Now to get onto the next part of the movie.  Josh Weaton decides to tell his girlfriend that he wants to take up the challenge the professor has given him to defend his faith.  His girlfriend, who he has been dating for 6 years now, tells him to drop the class.  Josh tells her he has to do it, but she doesn't want him to.  Ayisha was listening into the conversation.  Note: this is important for later in the movie.  Josh then goes to class, and for the last 20 minutes of the class he poses his argument for why he believes God is not dead.  The professor points out something that was recently found out.  Such as the law of Gravity exists, something will come out of nothing.  Hearing this, Josh did not know how to respond at the moment.  That night he went onto studying more about this theory and found out some interesting facts about this theory.  The next day Josh's girlfriend met up with Josh, and they discussed that today was their anniversary.  After Josh got up, all of his books that he was using to study for the argument against the professor fell out of his bag.  Upon seeing this, his girlfriend was not happy with him and broke up with him.  This just goes to show that even the people that love you the most don't always want you to do what God wants you to do.  Josh was not thrilled with this, but he continued on with his life. 

I think I have told you enough about this movie for today.  I will share more later.

Hope y'all enjoyed my post for today.

Also, for those of you that wish to donate money to help me with paying for DTS(Discipleship Training School) and my future mission trips, look into some of my previous posts. I have posted information there on how to help me financially. For those that can not help me out financially, PRAY for me. It is just as much appreciated as giving financially to my cause. A friend of my mothers is hosting a Scentsy fundraiser online. She is donating any of the proceeds to sponsor my trip. Check her website out: http://cpgibson.scentsy.us At the top of the sceen, it shows open parties. Click on the party for Diane Meyer, and place your order. It is that easy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment