Thursday, March 20, 2014

Inspire

Hey, it's Logan again.  Today I'm gonna tell you all about the Inspire conference I attended  this past March. What is Inspire?  I'm so glad you asked.  Inspire is a worship and missions conference held once a year by YWAM right around spring break.  The conference is held at the YWAM facility in Tyler,TX.  Now that was a long drive!  As soon as we got there, I was welcomed by a friendly face.   We had an option to stay in a cabin with others or in our own personal cabin.  And for everyone who knows me knows that I am a city boy.  Remember the song "Little cabin in the Woods"?  Well these were little cabins in the woods.  After checking in, it was off to the woods to find our cabin.  Did I mention it was down a red dirt road.  I dropped my stuff off on my bed, and drove back to the main campus for some chow.  Nothing is better than a cheeseburger and fries after a long car ride.    After dinner, it was off  to the main building to get ready for the service.  I got there a little early, so I was able to walk around the room freely and check out the many posters they had hanging up on the walls.  They had a section in the back explaining the outreaches that they had scheduled right after the last day of the conference.  The outreaches this year went to Downtown Houston, Austin, and Louisiana.  And I will tell you more about these later.

Friday night service consisted of worship lead by Josh Langer, and the sermon was given by Fred Markert.  To be honest, after the car ride I was tired.  Once the conference started,  I felt the energy of the room and was energized.  The music was great and the sermon was overwhelmingly fantastic.  Fred had just come back from a 2 week tour to many different locations and let us know he was experiencing major jetlag.  He started off his sermon with pictures of many signs he had found while traveling all over the world.  They were all wrongly translated so it was some nice humor right before we got to the seriousness of his message.  He really opened a lot of peoples' eyes when he told us how much God was winning in the world.  He told us how tv broadcasters like CNN, BCC, and others always show us the bad stuff that is going on in the world.  Fred though, has seen the many good things that have happened in the world because of God.  He gave us all these numbers of the growth of christianity in the world.  Some things he told us I sadly can not tell you. What I can tell you is that he is writing a book about what he has found out, and his many thoughts of what is going to happen really soon.  So much of what he said gave me hope and inspired me.



     



No comments:

Post a Comment